When are lessons held?
Zoom Safety lessons are required for all new students. Your Safety Lesson fee will be credited towards a complete gear package when your lessons are over.
Zoom Safety Lessons are held as needed to maintain a reasonable wait time for water lessons. Days will vary.
Ground Lessons are held on non-windy days as needed to maintain a reasonable wait time for water lessons. Your Ground Lesson fee will be credited towards a complete gear package when your lessons are over.
Water lessons are scheduled based on wind, weather, and tides. The conditions we look for are 13-30mph depending on your skill level, no thunderstorms, and start time from 3-4hrs before low tide. Lessons are available 7 days a week as long as the conditions are suitable. You can find a great forecast here.
10% of water lesson fees will be credited towards a complete gear package once your lessons are over.
How do I get signed up?
There are 3 steps
1. Join one of the Zoom Safety Lessons. Please text or email me to let me know you want to join the next available lesson. Once you have completed the Zoom lesson we will add you to the waitlist for ground and water lessons.
2. Once you are on the waitlist you will begin receiving emails with upcoming available slots. Sign up for the class that suits your schedule.
3. If you are not yet sure you want to take a lesson please follow my main FB page (here) and send an email to email@example.com letting me know you are interested. When you decide it’s time to get started with your kiteboarding lessons please follow the instructions above.
How much do lessons cost?
There are a few options for lessons from $100-$4000 for packages that include all the lessons and a full set of gear gear. You can find all options and prices here Lessons
*Group rates and full day lesson rates are available if you have an event or large group wishing to learn together.
What if we have to cancel?
If we cancel due to bad wind or weather the lesson will be made up on the next appropriate day. You will be priority for the next available slot. If you are only available on 1 specific day please be sure to let me know this when signing up.
If you must reschedule please provide at least 24hrs notice to avoid losing your lesson credit.
There are only so many windy days per season. Please try not to book a spot unless you are sure you can make it.
What should I bring?
Kite, Bar, Board, Radio Helmet and Harness are provided with the lesson.
*Wetsuits and booties are available for rent or purchase.
A towel, water, and sunblock are suggested but at your own discretion.
What age groups can take lessons?
There are no age requirements but children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 16 must have a parent participating in the lesson. Anyone smaller then an XS harness will need to bring their own harness.
How many students per lesson?
Private lessons will be just you and your instructor.
Safety Zoom and Ground Lessons do not have a student limit.
For larger groups please call to get a custom quote.
Where are lessons held?
Teaching spots vary by the wind and conditions for that day. Normal teaching locations are Revere Beach (in front of Antonia’s at the Beach Restaurant) or Dog Beach in Nahant (meet in front of Tides Restaurant) or on Cape Cod at Waquoit Bay in Mashpee, MA or Chapin Beach in Dennis.
Lessons abroad are available during the off season. Please call to inquire about guided kite trips.
What is the parking situation?
There is free parking along Revere Beach. It can be hard to find a spot in the Summer (come 30-45 min early to find parking). Parking in Nahant requires a pass and is $10 per day, parking can be VERY tight in the Summer (come 60 min early to find a parking spot) Parking in Waquoit Bay is free but very limited space is available. Come 1hr early to get a spot and get suited up. Parking at Chapin Beach can be tight and has a fee of $30.
- Lessons begin/end as scheduled, students are encouraged to show up 30-60 minutes early to find parking, get into wetsuit, set up gear, and maximize lesson time.
- Scheduling is dependent on weather and wind. Any lesson canceled due to weather will be made up at the next possible date.
- Full tuition must be paid and all safety waivers must be signed before each lesson begins.
- Kite, Bar, board, radio helmet, and harness will be provided for lesson.
- Students are required to bring their own wetsuits and water footwear. Wetsuit rentals are available for $50
- All group discounts are reliant on students enrolling and taking their course together.
- All gear rentals require a deposit of retail value of gear in case of damage or loss.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the lesson to avoid losing lesson credit.
- All gear returns will incur a 10% restocking fee.
- Opened/used gear may not be returned.