When are lessons held?
Zoom Safety lessons are required for all new students. Your Safety Lesson fee will be credited towards a complete gear package when your lessons are over.
Zoom Safety Lessons are held as soon as all students from the previous meeting have had a chance to get on the water.. Days will vary.
Water lessons are scheduled based on wind, weather, and tides. The conditions we look for are 15-30mph depending on your skill level, no thunderstorms, and start time from 3-4hrs before low tide. Lessons are available 7 days a week as long as the conditions are suitable. You can find a great forecast here.
How do I get signed up?
There are 3 steps
1. Join one of the Zoom Safety Lessons. Please text or email me to let me know you want to join the next available lesson and I will send you the link to the sign up page. Once you have completed the Zoom lesson we will add you to the waitlist for ground and water lessons.
2. Once you are on the waitlist you will begin receiving emails with upcoming available slots. Sign up for the class that suits your schedule and skill level.
3. If you are not yet sure you want to take a lesson please follow my main FB page (here) and send an email to email@example.com letting me know you are interested. When you decide it’s time to get started with your kiteboarding lessons please follow the instructions above.
How much do lessons cost?
There are a few options for lessons from $100-$500. There are also packages that include all lessons and gear. You can find all options and prices here Lessons
*Group rates and full day lesson rates are available if you have an event or large group wishing to learn together.
What if we have to cancel?
If we cancel due to bad wind or weather I will return your fee and you can sign up for the next available slot.
If you must cancel please provide at least 24hrs notice to receive a refund.
What should I bring?
Kite, Bar, Board, Helmet and Harness are provided with the lesson.
*Wetsuits and booties are available for rent or purchase.
A towel, water, and sunblock are suggested but at your own discretion.
What age groups can take lessons?
There are no age requirements but children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 16 must have a parent participating in the lesson.
How many students per lesson?
Private lessons must be requested ahead of time and will be just you and your instructor.
Kite Camp and Board Camp will have a maximum of 2 students.
For larger groups please call to get a custom quote.
Where are lessons held?
Teaching spots vary by the wind and conditions for that day. Normal teaching locations are Revere Beach (in front of Antonias at the Beach Restaurant) or Dog Beach in Nahant (meet in front of Tides Restaurant) or on Cape Cod at Waquoit Bay in Mashpee, MA
Lessons abroad are available during the off season. Please call to inquire about guided kite trips.
What is the parking situation?
Parking meters have been installed in Revere and it can be hard to find a spot in the Summer (come 30 min early to find parking) Parking in Nahant requires a pass and is $10 per day, parking can be VERY tight in the Summer (come 60 min early to find a parking spot) Parking in Waquoit Bay is free but very limited space is available. Come 1hr early to get a spot and get suited up.
- Lessons begin/end as scheduled, students are encouraged to show up 20-30 minutes early to find parking,
get into wetsuit, set up gear, and maximize lesson time.
- Scheduling is dependent on weather and wind. Any lesson canceled due to weather will be made
up at next possible date or refunded (students choice)
- Full tuition must be paid and all safety waivers must be signed before each lesson begins.
- Kite, Bar, board, and harness will be provided for lesson.
- Students are required to bring their own wetsuits and water footwear. Wetsuit rentals are available for $50
- All group discounts are reliant on students enrolling and taking their course together.
- All gear rentals require deposit of $500 in case of damage.
- All cancellations must be made at least 36 hours before the lesson to be refunded.
- All shipped gear sales are final except for valid warranty claims.